How to stop heartburn?
These remedies will stop heartburn
When you are suffering from heartburn, you just want to know how to stop heartburn. Constant heartburn disturbs your routine and makes your life miserable.
You just want to get rid of that heartburn and get on with your day. If it is a occasional indigestion, you know ( most of the times) what caused it.
It may have been a wrong food, wrong eating time, overeating, drinking too much alcohol, you attended a party, etc. Festival and celebration times with family and friends are occasionally followed by indigestion.
Symptoms may be vomiting sensation, headaches, feeling giddy when you move your head etc. All these may be symptoms of too much stomach acidity and indigestion. These cause heartburn.
At such times, it is possible to use some home remedies for heartburn relief.
Though there are many home remedies for heartburn, every remedy may not
work for everyone.
Heart burn remedies are related to the foods you eat,
the time and the way you eat, in short , your food habits.
Try a few to see what works for you to give you heartburn relief. Some remedies depending on when the heartburn is mild. Severe heartburn and acidity may need you to try the remedies for longer time.
Remedies to stop heartburn - Immediate relief from acidity
- Loosen your clothes - If you are wearing something that is tight around your chest and stomach/abdomen, loosen it. Loosen belt if you are wearing one.
- Keep your back straight and avoid lying down and bending - Gravity helps keep stomach acid down in the stomach and prevents getting it into the food pipe (esophagus).
- Drink a glass of warm/hot water as soon as you feel any indication of acid heartburn. Warm water will dilute the acid and help it go down in to the stomach. Drink half a glass of warm water every hour till you feel better. I find this the easiest and cheapest heartburn home remedy. There are no side effects.
- Warm water with baking soda - When you drink warm water, add a pinch of baking soda to it. Adding a tea spoonful of lemon juice along with baking soda to the water helps too.
- Make ginger tea. Boil grated or crushed fresh ginger in water for five minutes and drink that warm water.
- Boil anise seeds, fennel seeds in water for 5 minutes and drink that water afterwards. You may sip this herbal water little by little over a period of time.
- Eat 2-3 pieces of apple. This helps many people.
- Drink chamomile tea.
- Take antacids with your doctor's advice.
Pepto Bismol, Phillips, Rolaids, Tums. Prevacid, alka-seltzer, pepsid,
Maalox, Tagamet, Gaviscon
If you are looking for long term remedies for heartburn, a change in life style, food habits, exercise routine, regular relaxation etc. are important.
Go to Heartburn relief from how to stop heartburn
Go to Healthy food recipes from stop heartburn
to Heartburn remedies Homepage how to stop heartburn