How to cook oatmeal porridge
Oats - Oatmeal recipes - Constipation recipes
you know how to cook oatmeal porridge, you have no excuse to miss
breakfast for lack of time to cook breakfast.
Doesn't it look yummy? It's healthy and filling too!
Oats or oatmeal porridge recipe is a simple, quick, healthy meal recipe.
Oatmeal porridge with berries
Oatmeal porridge can be had at any time but is especially good to have for breakfast.
As part of healthy breakfast foods,
it cooks within minutes, is filling and is full of nutrition.
full of fiber and will help those who have constipation problem.
It can be cooked in a pot on the stove top or in a bowl in microwave.
You can use only water or only milk or a combination of water and
milk to cook it.
Or you can cook it in water and then add milk just
Make it as thin or thick as you want.
Find below how to make oatmeal porridge. Remember to use a large pot.
How to cook oatmeal porridge?
Ingredients to make oatmeal porridge for 2 persons
- Rolled oats / oatmeal - 1/2 cup
- Water or milk or a combination of both - 2 cups, more or less according to desired consistency.
These are the only two ingredients needed. The remaining, given below, can be added if you wish and the quantity to your liking.
How to Cook Oatmeal - method
- Put the liquid (water and /or milk) and the oats in a large pot.
- Bring to boil and reduce flame. Be careful as the mixture tends to overflow when boiling. So, use a big pot.
- Cook for 5 to 8 minutes depending on how soft and creamy you want your porridge. Stir occasionally.
- Add salt or sugar as you wish and stir well. Serve hot.
- Soak oats in the liquid for 15-20 minutes or up to 1 hour to reduce cooking time. It doesn't take more than 5-6 minutes.
- You may add a pinch of salt or you may omit salt.
- Add sugar or honey as sweetener if you wish.
- Add dry fruits such as dates, raisins, almonds etc.
- Add fresh fruits such as banana, strawberries, and apples just before serving.
- If you are making oatmeal porridge specifically for relief for
constipation, add raisins, flax seeds or flax seed powder(ground flax
seeds), chopped bananas, fresh or dried chopped figs, prunes, apple sauce to your oatmeal porridge.
Go to Heartburn remedies from How to make oatmeal porridge
Go to Heartburn remedies Homepage from How to cook oatmeal porridge