Banana Smoothie Recipe
This banana smoothie recipe is one of the simplest, easiest, quickest and healthiest smoothie recipes to make.
You can serve it as healthy breakfast drink, as a healthy snack to or a cold beverage for a hot summer.
Both kids as well as grownups will enjoy it.
It takes very little time (just about 5 minutes) to make.
You may also make the smoothie and store in the fridge for a few hours before serving.
You may freeze smoothie in individual serving glasses. You will need to take it out of freezer at least an hour to be able to defrost it to serve.
Remember these points while making banana smoothieChoose ripe bananas of any variety you like. Slightly overripe bananas also may be used. Avoid using not so ripe bananas as that will give a little odd taste. Adding sweetener will not change that.Adding sweetener such as sugar or honey is optional. You may make the smoothie without any additional sweetener as bananas are sweet.
How to make banana smoothie
Ingredients for 3-4 servingsRipe Bananas - 2 Fresh plain yogurt or any flavored yogurt of your choice - 1 cupMilk - 1 1/2 to 2 cups depending on the consistency preferred.Honey or sugar (optional) - 1 tspIce cubes (optional) - 6-8 or as required
Making banana smoothie
- In your blender, add banana pieces, yogurt along with 1 cup milk. Blend.
- Add remaining milk and blend till smooth.
- See the taste and Add honey or sugar if necessary.
- Add ice cubes if adding or you cool the smoothie in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- Pour into glasses and serve.
Tips for banana smoothie
- Ripe bananas are sweet. So you may not need to add any sweetener at all. Add sugar or honey only blending after tasting.
- You may add vanilla or any other ice cream of your choice instead of or along with milk.
- If serving at room temperature, serve immediately.
- If serving cool, keep in the fridge only for 15 -20 minutes. Or you may add ice cubes while blending.
- Garnish with almond slivers if you wish.
- You may also serve this as a big filling dessert or snack by adding a scoop of your favorite ice cream. Ice creams made with fruits and nuts go very well with this smoothie.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Healthy Food Recipes.